We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Friday, May 17, 2013

One is Fun--Really!

One-year-olds are hard for me.
It is the age I dread--much more than two.
It is the time that they change so quickly from sweet little baby into willful toddler.

He's one now, and he screams a lot.
He hits and pushes.
He refuses to use his signs.
He's too busy to nurse much during the day so he does it more and more at night.
He throws tantrums where he bangs his head on the floor, throws things, and hits.
He makes messes and is always asking for things he can't have.
He is absolutely grumpy miserable with his molars coming in.

BUT

He leads the music whenever the clock chimes.
He dances joyfully to any kind of music.
He sings songs about "mama" and "dada".
He loves to play with any kind of a ball he can get his hands on.
He can even kick a ball or make a basket.
He coos with glee when he sees his daddy or big brothers.
He cheerfully says "Hi!" to everyone he sees.
He always nurses right to sleep so I'm never up for long.
He drives cars and plays with toy animals and makes the sounds.
He makes goofy faces at the table so we'll laugh at him.
He loves to be chased around the kitchen island.
He rides his little scooty car around the kitchen.
He gets up and down the stairs in no time.
He plays with Sarajoy.
He likes to unload the dishwasher.
He laps up rain puddles.
He gets into the kitchen towel drawer and dresses up in them.
He steals socks out of my sock drawer and runs for it, giggling.
He can say "tickle" and knows where his chubbies are.
He loves to read stories.
He brings me his shoes so I'll take him outside.
He colors with chalk, digs in the sand, gets excited about flowers, helps pull weeds, and loves birdies.
He sometimes lets me cuddle him and give him rockabyes, and he sings, "ba-ba-bye" while we rock.
He takes a nap at 10, a nap at 3, and goes to bed at 8:00 pretty regularly.
He goes to bed very nicely with a paci in his mouth and one to rub on his eye.
He signs "more" whenever he sees anybody eating anything or whenever he hears a wrapper.
He's pretty much the cutest little fella you've ever seen sooooo...

I think I'll survive.
I'm pretty glad I have a one-year-old.

..

1 comment:

  1. One-year olds are my favorite people in the world! I'm glad I have a one-year-old, too!!

    ReplyDelete