We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Monday, November 4, 2013

3 Days I Could Live Over Again

Wednesday October 30, 2013
I started the day feeling sluggish, achy and sick.  I have had this cold/sinus thing that comes and goes and it hit me hard that morning.  I kind of suspected it would be a rough day, but I did what I could to resist the pull downward.

Due to birthdays and Halloween, there were a few things for school that we hadn't gotten to.  I had felt thwarted the previous two days in my attempts to wrap up our October studies.

Miraculously, I managed to do Devotional and break out the Science books.  We did a few fun labs about the Solar System.  I learned a few things and we had a nice time.

I had hoped for a chance to lie down for awhile before going to the temple, but it didn't happen.  There always seems to be a good reason not to go, but I knew I'd be happier if I went.
And I was.  The kids I get to associate with on these trips are just great kids.  I love their laughter and enthusiasm and their interest in important and meaningful things.  I appreciate that they are willing to make the sacrifice to come and admire their ability to see the good it does them.

I made chicken enchiladas with lots of green chile sauce and they were great.

Nothing really big happened on Wednesday, but it was just nice.  We did most of the dinner chores before Dallin got home so we could just enjoy the evening.  Since I was on dishes and had already done them, I was free to play the piano for awhile.  I missed my chance on the chore rotation the night before because we attended an event at Nathan's school.  Yes, playing the piano is one of the chores on our dinner chore rotation, and it is the favorite. While I played the piano, Nathan and Dallin talked in the kitchen and the other 6 kids were dancing to Piano Guys in the family room.  It was just beautiful family down-time.

We had time to do our evening reading of Anne of Green Gables and The Phantom Tollbooth and everyone went to bed on time.  Dallin and I fell asleep talking about the importance of homemaking.  How thankful I am that he supports me in being a homemaker!  How beautifully the work and effort I put into homemaking support him.  I love my job.

3 comments:

  1. How lovely. Those truly are the best kinds of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing the piano as a dinner chore is pure brilliance! It would be a favorite at our house as well. Free evenings together are cherished around here because they come less and less frequently. (This is Rhyetta, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew you would love the Piano Guys. They are my absolute favorite of all time musicians. We will all play and sing together some day I know it.

    ReplyDelete