Saturday: Learned about American Bison. Compared Bison to buffalo. Made pemmican and beef jerkey.
Hiked in nearby hills.
Monday: Listened to Story of Stephen Foster. Read about force and gravity. Played with balls and parachute people. Talked about what kinds of things Indian children would have played with.
Tuesday-Friday: Made corn husk dolls. Made plaster figurines (art-Remington). Finished Leif the Lucky. History of US 4-6 (Eskimos and Cliff Dwellers). Read some Indian Legends. Picked and dried fruit. Roasted corn in the husk. Science experiments involving force, gravity, and weight. Figured our weight on the moon. Used swingset to talk about pendulums.
Nathan and Brandon: completed 4 lessons in math. (5-8)
We are really loving the workbox system. I gave the kids the option to only do math one day so we could have more time for projects. They complained and said they wanted to do their drawers!
We actually completed the planned items for the day by 1pm on Wednesday!
Sarajoy was sick this week, so there were a few items we didn't get to. I wasn't able to get as early a start as I would have liked.
No comments:
Post a Comment