We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Monday, October 18, 2010

One

June 29th, 2010

There's just no stopping it.
It happened.
Even though I wished it wouldn't.

My baby girl turned 1!

It wasn't so bad, but there's something about a baby turning one that makes them not as much of a baby anymore. 

We were all having too much fun to feel sad about it!

She got a new, big-girl carseat for her birthday throne.  It was fun knowing that it would be fine to pick one that was pink and girly.  I've usually been so careful to be gender-neutral in case of hand-me-downs.
She also got a funshiney sundress that she wore for her portraits.
And even though we have lots of baby dolls, I had to get her one that would be just hers just like her sisters got on their first birthdays.

 How old are you?
 One!


 Trying out my new chair!









 She played with these little bloomers for quite awhile!  She finally got them on her head!



I was making some kind of frosting design that was not working out when my kids reminded me that a friend had given us these cute napkins!  Quick cake makeover!



 We had to blow out the candle for her so she didn't grab it!
 Little tastes





 Sharing time!

 All done!  
Big oops on using a glass pan.  Thankfully it didn't shatter!

 April 7, 1979

They say we are look-alikes.
What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. She's darling! And yes, I think you and she are look-alikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! there is nothing like a first birthday! you captured it so well. happy birthday little one. you look so sweet and kissable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i loved that 7th pic of her holding the baby. just warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love first birthdays. I'm less of a baby person and more of a toddler person.

    That doll is lethally cute. Oh! Just about keeled over from the two of them.

    Happy birthday sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total look alikes!!! What a little doll!

    ReplyDelete