We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Showers

Dallin told me he woke up to a strange glow coming through the windows early this morning. 
The tell-tale sign of snow.
Really?  Snow? 
I pictured an inch or so sprinkled over everything that would be melted off by the end of the day.

But no, we had at least a foot of snow.  It was drifted almost to the top of our neighbor's fence.  Tree branches were touching the ground, and all of our bushes were so loaded down I don't know if they'll recover completely. 
And it didn't melt.  There is still a thick, puffy layer of snow on everything and more coming down. 
I don't ever remember this kind of snow in April. 
Despite my disappointment in such un-springy weather-

It takes my breath away.

From the top of the pine-covered peaks out my front window to the sprawling valley and lake out my back windows
And all of the snow-loaded branches and covered roofs in between,

It is beautiful.

Stunning, even. 
And I am so glad to be here.


And then there's the other kind of April shower.
The shower of the wisdom and advice of a living Prophet and Apostles. 
The outpouring of inspiration and Holy Spirit. 
The flood of ideas and resolutions and courage--I will do better!  I will be better!

Couldn't it last a little longer?  A week, maybe?
I could stand to have General Conference every week, or at least every month. 
But no, I think it will take at least 6 months and more for me to process and apply all that I've been taught.
And really, with this nifty little laptop, I can have it every day. 

How grateful I am that this parched soul has the privilege of drinking from the fountain of truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment