I'm feeling much more confident that my summer checklist will have at least a dent in it.
My hopes for this summer were that I would re-read all of my homeschool favorites. I'm now in Charlotte Mason, and the only thing after that is the unschooling handbook. I decided to read from most structured/intense (The Well Trained Mind) to the least structured and intense. I haven't read all of these books in such a small time period before, and it has been really neat. Especially after actually doing it for over 6 years. I feel good about my progress, and I'm happy to stay stuck in Charlotte Mason for awhile, because it is my favorite.
My other big hope was that I would be able to finish moving in. This mainly means hanging pictures, shelves, and other decor that I couldn't quite get to. Since it has been a year, that also meant going through and getting rid of and reorganizing stuff. I've been able to work on the laundry room, kitchen, my bedroom, girls' bedroom, Simon's bedroom, and boys' bedroom. I still need to hang a few pictures and my kids' blessing outfits in my room. The girls room is sooo close. I accidentally bought 2 few knobs for their dresser. So I need to buy and paint two knobs. They are painting the wooden bunk bed rail that Dallin made as we speak, and that will be the end. Simon and Sarajoy's room is done except for their scripture wall. I just need to buy some poster tack and that will be quick. I read a lesson to them from the nursery manual every night. I bought an extra manual and cut it up so I can hang the corresponding pictures as we do the lesson. After the pictures are all hung, I'll let them choose a picture each night. Eventually we'll move on to the Gospel Art Kit. For now, we are LOVING the nursery manual. The biggest project left is the family room. This is where I want to hang a whole bunch of candid shots of the kids. I have to pretty much start from scratch because we didn't have this in our old house. Most of our other decor has transferred pretty well, but this will be new. It is also the only room in the house that the bank didn't paint so I have to decide if I want to do that first. I also need to get everyone a new picture for this year and a family picture before Sarajoy is no longer our baby. The downstairs bathroom is still in need of some work as well. Today I finished putting stuff away in the storage room that has just been thrown in there. Before I tackle the family room, I want to re-do our wall timeline, make some frames for our maps, and help the kids clean out and organize their school areas. I have a little over a week, and I'm glad I can feel good about spending it mostly on getting ready for school, because that's fun!
I was starting to feel really great this week, and even had a day where I didn't have to lie down at all. Then my allergies turned into sinus headache, etc. I felt miserable for most of the day, but going to the chiropractor helped. I'm happy that the nausea is tapering off, though. It is nice to see progress and feel good about it.
Hi Sarah! I found a way to post comments! I'm glad to read that you're feeling better. Here's wishing you happy, healthy days ahead!
ReplyDeleteGlad your feeling better sis. Much love to you and your family.
ReplyDelete