Life has been so SO hard lately. Even the simplest tasks leave me feeling befuddled. I feel like I'm walking in molasses while time zooms faster every day. The past couple of days I really let it get me down. Today I repent of that.
I want to return to the habit of being content with what the Lord has given me. I read today that this life is the time to repent and serve God. I want to remember to share my plans with God and seek his confirmation. Then I hope to go about them in His name, consecrating my life and all the little things I do each day to Him. I want to return to a focus on gratitude. Not just being thankful for the good things amidst the trials, but being thankful for the trials themselves and the opportunities for growth that lie therein. I want to live a life of calm, free of fear and worry. I want to remember that my job is to teach my children to know and love God, not to cram their brains with as many facts as possible. I know that when their hearts are turned to God, the Holy Spirit will teach them all the things they need to know in this life, specific to their individual missions here. Ultimately they need to repent and serve God.
I want to share some good things as an exercise to help me return to gratitude and joy.
I am thankful that today I get to go to a temple dedication for the first time ever.
I am thankful that I have a baby boy who wants to cuddle and be rocked to sleep.
I am thankful that my oldest boy and oldest girl have mastered this art.
I am thankful that my living room finally feels like a living room!
I am thankful for the soft sofa, nice loveseat, REAL piano, and cozy reading nook. I love it!
I am thankful that the school budget allowed me to get some kitchen equipment to teach the kids about healthy eating and food preservation.
I am thankful for Martha and Walter, the two sourdough starts that I am trying to grow in the kitchen.
I am thankful for my homeschool co-op.
I am thankful for the free fruit that we have been blessed with to preserve for our food storage.
I am thankful for my husband's job.
I am thankful for this amazing house.
I am thankful that the sprinkler system is done and we can start growing things here!
I am thankful that our back to eden garden system worked! Things are already growing here!
I am thankful for my son Brandon who has faithfully done his chores all summer without being asked. Because of that, our garbage has always been taken out and those plants have been watered or they would not be producing.
I am thankful for my challenging little Simon who gives me so much to wonder about and learn.
I am thankful that Ruby decided she likes to do the laundry all by herself!
I am thankful for the kitten Nathan rescued because it has taught my kids so much, and it is cute, and I never have to take care of it, and it gives my girls something to love and take care of every day.
I am thankful that Simon's "temptation" to drown the kitten did not result in its demise. He is too.
I am thankful for Sarajoy's pacifiers.
I am thankful for the freedom to teach my kids at home.
I am thankful to be a member of the church, even when certain policies really confuse me!
I am thankful for a visiting teacher who came to the rescue.
I am thankful that Nathan is so into the piano lately, and that he got a Piano Guys signature last night.
I am thankful I went to the chili cookoff even though I had so much to do. It was absolutely the respite that I needed last night.
I am thankful that Daisy is cheerfully doing her chores again, and looking for ways she can help me.
I am thankful that I can rest from my labors today.
I am thankful for the perspective this crazy life gives me. It has helped me to set my sights high for what kind of person I want to be.
I am thankful that my "bucket list" has pretty much been fulfilled. If I live to be a grandma, I think I'm good.
I'm thankful that my nephew Tyson is having success with his cancer treatment.
I'm thankful my dad's cancer is the "good" kind that they think they can get rid of.
I'm thankful that I don't crave chocolate and sugar anymore.
I'm thankful for my good, good husband who will wake me every morning, even when he kindly wants to let me sleep and he prays with me and we sing "The Lord is My Light". It helps so much!
Living the good life for sure!
Your life IS a beautiful life! Hang in there when you get confused and befuddled, because those hard things will pass, and all of the good things will still be around! I'm always amazed at how Heavenly Father can correct my vision when I do exercises like the one you just wrote here and when I ask him for help. I'm positive he'll help you, too!!!
ReplyDelete