We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Friday, February 7, 2014

It Must Be February

Because I find myself thinking constantly about the people I love. 

I feel a drive to seek out friends I haven't connected to in awhile. 
Peoples names and faces interrupt my thoughts with a yearning to get back in touch. 
My friends I see regularly seem to linger longer in conversations that have been wholesome and soul-nourishing.
Dallin got a love letter early, because I just couldn't wait until the 14th to say it all!
I find myself pulling big kids onto my lap or dancing around the kitchen with them.
I find myself stopping to look into little people's eyes, playing games, and listening with wonder at the still one-year-old baby's speech.
I find myself admiring people I don't know as well and just aching to get to know them better.
I am tempted to think I don't have time for all of these interruptions, playdates, conversations, and get-togethers.
Won't I get behind?  (Seriously, when was the last time I was ahead?? )
No.  I feel myself embracing this season of love. 
Relationships are really what life is all about.
And spending time with people I love energizes me and nourishes me better than anything this planet has to offer.
And I'm so incredibly blessed to have so many people to love.

 So much love, such a little month.  February has charmed me like never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment