2 Timothy 1:7
I feel very blessed that God has granted me this spirit. It was good for me to write out my fears and concerns. I felt His influence sustaining me in a miraculous way as I endured a very difficult night. I have felt the hands of heaven sustaining me throughout this day as well.
Power:
I was able to spend the morning getting all of my vegetable garden planted. I also weeded a good portion of the raspberry patch. I rested a little in the afternoon, but was able to mostly stay busy and active. I was given the power to endure, welcome and encourage contractions that kept me awake all night long. I was granted the power to let people know when I needed their help. I was granted the power to seek for and imagine heavenly hands sustaining me when the restlessness seemed more than I could bear.
Love:
I felt love and hope and connection with Corban as I labored through the night. I felt love from the midwife as she ministered to me early in the morning. I felt love knowing that the experience was helping our bodies prepare for birth whenever that may be. I felt love from my mom as she enquirer about the situation. I felt love from my friend as she checked up on me and offered to spend the afternoon here. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the day, but holding her newborn daughter was the perfect way to spend it. She also blessed me with some fun and generous baby gifts. I felt love for Dallin as I let him sleep while I labored.
Sound mind:
It is no secret that this waiting type of trial can be so emotionally traumatic for me. I have feared this time through my whole pregnancy. Yet when false labor threw its all at me for 7 hours and then stopped for the whole day, I was able to feel a calm excitement for most of the day. When thoughts of fear or discouragement would well up, I felt the power of a sound mind chasing them away. I feel full of hope and calmness and a growing willingness to wait as long as it takes.
No comments:
Post a Comment