April 7, 2010
I guess I am officially "old" because I forgot how old I was turning this year. I told my sister 31. I had been thinking 31 all that week. She reminded me that, no, it is 32. Well, it was a good day. For some reason it feels good to be 32.
Being at my mom's for my birthday made me feel like a kid again.
To start off, I stayed up until 4am talking with my sister Kim. It was great. I thought I'd be so tired all day, but I guess the birthday adrenaline kicked in.
I woke up in my parents' lovely new addition with Sarajoy and took a shower. When I got down to the kitchen, Dallin told me to go back upstairs. A few minutes later, he came up with a plate full of buttermilk scones. These are delicious biscuits that my mom makes. I especially like the ones with orange zest and dried fruit in them. Yum!
Dallin played with the little ones while I got some time to crochet a hat for Sarajoy. I was doing it for practice so I could show my sister in law Renee how to make them.
Then, my mom took me birthday shopping. We originally were going to look for clothes, but I had awakened remembering how badly I need new pans. We headed to Costco where my mom bought me a very wonderful set of pans. Even the kids are impressed with how awesome these pans are! I also found the most adorable polka-dot dresses there that I just couldn't resist for my girls. It is more fun to buy clothes for the kids than for myself, for sure!
All of my adult siblings who were in town came to Costa Vida for lunch. I just love fresh mex.
My sister Amy gave me a card with a very generous surprise inside.
My sister Kim bought me the A&E Pride and Prejudice that I have been trying to get for years.
The next Day, my mom watched ALL of the kids while Dallin took me to Ruby Tuesday. We haven't had a baby-free date for a long time. We had some delicious food and a nice, long talk.
We also got to drive by our old house on S. 10th in Pocatello. We lived there for our first 4 years of marriage and made lots of happy memories. We got to visit with our old neighbor Joe Burton for a few minutes. He was tickled to see our carload of kids. On our way back to my mom's, we found our first out-of-town geocache!
Getting older isn't always such a bad thing!
...
Happy belated birthday!
ReplyDeleteI never remember how old I am. I have to do the math. I was born in 1974. What year is it now? Okay, and what month is it? Okay I'm "X" old. I don't know if its because we're older or because we're wiser and we've stopped counting up to something. I think it's definitely because we're wiser!
I totally agree that buying clothes for children trumps buying clothes for myself. They always look good in what they wear --I cannot say the same for me.