I finally got one! A Sunday that felt restful. Ahhhhh.
With all of the work yet to be done, I knew I would be tempted to work on the house today. So I resolved last night that I would only do Sabbathy things today. I knew I needed to give my mind and body a rest from the intensity of the last few weeks.
I got everyone ready with enough time to spare to work on Sarajoy's baby calendar.
Sacrament meeting was a sad failure, but I got to talk to somebody in the hall!
My friends sat and visited with me during Sunday school while I got the baby to sleep. I was inspired with a way to help one of them. I'm so excited to do it!
I got to sit through all of the combined 3rd hour meeting. It was ward conference, so our Stake Presidency did the lesson. It was very good. My good idea from earlier was confirmed.
After church, I made lasagne, ate lasagne, made cookies, cleaned up lasagne, and got to eat cookies with my friend Valerie and her family. We had such a nice, relaxing evening. The kids did a few cute and silly performances for us. My favorite was when Simon and the girls came giggling out of the bedroom. He was wearing a BYU cheerleading outfit. "Mom! I weird!" He had that right. A leotard and tutu came next so I drew the line and got out his Superman PJ's.
After they left, I was REALLY tempted to work on the house. I read my scriptures instead. Then I had time to BLOG! YAY!
In my haste to get the house ready to put on the market TOMORROW, I totally forgot to do laundry last week.
I refuse to do laundry on the Sabbath.
I'm kinda glad my husband doesn't mind, though. Heh, heh. Thanks to him, it is sorted and a batch has already gone through. I'll totally get it done tomorrow! Thanks, Dal.
weekends can destroy a house! way to resist!
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun visiting. I really needed that. Thanks for opening up your home to us!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect day. Good for you!
ReplyDelete