I have been dreading this day.
I knew Dallin and Nathan would be leaving early in the morning and I'd be here in someone else's house on my own.
I am a major wimp when it comes to my husband being gone, so with Nathan being gone as well, I knew it would be tough.
I stayed up late trying to figure out the kids' schedules for their once a week charter school experience next year.
Sarajoy would NOT go to sleep. She was so cranky, and both Dallin and I were trying to get things done.
She finally fell asleep just as Brandon came upstairs crying that his stomach hurt.
I stayed up with him after Dallin gave him a blessing. I put some essential oils on him. He threw up.
After he settled back down, I set up the baby monitor so I could hear him and went downstairs to bed.
When I checked on the goldfish and the gerbils, I noticed a large yellow-sac spider crawling on the walls. I was too tired to find something to squish it, so I just closed the door and went to sleep.
I woke up to Sarajoy. I woke up to Brandon throwing up again. I woke up to Dallin's alarm clock. (his cell phone vibrating on the air mattress is quite the frightening awakening!) I woke up when Dallin said goodbye.
I remember at some point being really nervous. I was scared about the spider, I was sad about Dallin leaving, I was scared that my babies would wake up early and I'd have to make it through the day on very little sleep. I was sad that Brandon was sick and worried others of us would get sick. I said a prayer.
Simon woke up pretty early. I turned on his show and went back to bed. Sarajoy woke up, but went right back to sleep. Simon came in and crawled in bed with me and went back to sleep. He NEVER does that!
So I got to sleep until 9:30 when Daisy woke up!
Soon after that, the girls were playing in the playroom when they came screaming up the stairs, "There's a huge spider in the playroom!"
Sure enough, it was that big yellow-sac, and I got him!
Such a relief to know that spider isn't wandering around when we're all sleeping on air mattresses or sleeping bags!
Since things about our house seemed so up in the air, I decided to spend some time on the MLS looking at houses. It made me really sad. I felt really down about not getting the beautiful Woodland Hills property. I felt sad about not having our house anymore. I felt sad that there was NOTHING good on the MLS. I felt worried and upset about not knowing what was going on with our new house.
I hopped in the car to run some errands and got a phone call from my Realtor. Good news. We'll be able to sign on our new house within a couple of days, and the bank lowered the price because of the mold.
Just what I needed to hear, just when I needed to hear it.
Brandon was feeling much better by lunch, and had showered and was dressed and eating before dinner.
The kids all ate and enjoyed their dinner.
They cheerfully helped me clean up the house.
I think I might just get a chance to curl up with a good book for a little while.
I'm so grateful for those little reminders He sends to let us know He is with us.
...
You're more than welcome to spend a day at our house. We have a crib, we have a pack and play, we have a toy room and playgrounds and snacks and PLAYMATES. I promise you no spiders.
ReplyDeleteAlways welcome. Even if we just want to do a part day. I'll be in Provo on Tuesday and on Friday getting allergy shots so I could meet you . . . . .