We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Locks of Love

I have LOVED for my girls to have long, beautiful hair for me to play with.  It can get to be a lot of work, so I thought it the perfect solution when Ruby decided she wanted short hair.  Then I only had one girl to do fancy hairdos for.  Then Daisy started talking about a haircut since her hair can be so hard to brush.  I sort of ignored her until I discovered that she had cut quite a chunk from her hair one day when trying to remove an elastic.  I figured I could hide it and let it grow out, but I decided to ask her if she was really serious about wanting short hair.  She was so excited when I showed her the Locks of Love website.  She thought it was great that her pretty long hair could help someone else.  It proved to be a great thing since we had such a busy summer.  I think she looks just darling!

I am missing their lovely long hair, though.  Ruby says she wants to grow hers out, and I am glad!

June 25, 2010

Before...and After!



 I don't know what she had on her face, but I love the way this picture shows off her haircut.  Ruby took it.
 Amazing how beautiful they can be when they're grumpy!

2 comments:

  1. My mom battled ovarian cancer this past year. She chose to wear a wig. I give BIG thanks to those who donate to lock of love! It helped my moms confidence is such a big way. Thank you little one, your hair is so cute short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking tonight that it may be time to cut Jocelyn's hair. I'll have to show her this post for sure!

    ReplyDelete