It surprised me for the first time when Dallin took a detour on the way home from a family activity. He turned up Woodland Hills Drive. It isn't our usual route, but it gets us home.
But I was a little shocked, wondering if he was just in the mood for a more scenic drive or if he was actually considering it.
When he confirmed that he was indeed going to drive by the house I'd had my eyes on I expected to feel excitement.
But I didn't. I felt panic. In those few minutes it took to drive up that lovely winding road, I re-lived all of the anxiety of moving and getting established in a new home. It suddenly did not seem so appealing.
We couldn't even see the house for all the trees, and I didn't want to drive up the driveway and be annoying. What we saw of the driveway and garage had an uninviting unkempt appearance.
I didn't completely drop the idea right away. I wanted to be sure it wasn't just my own fears getting in the way of my dreams.
But the next time I worked in my yard, I was filled with pride and excitement about the plans we have for it. I thought about the things we love about our yard and our home, and I realized I don't really want to give it up.
My desire to live in Woodland Hills has been replaced with the desire to work hard and be happy here.
I asked for the Lord to take the desire away if it was not right, and He did.
No comments:
Post a Comment