My friend was saying the other day how she held her breath all through the moving process.
I've moved 2 other times, and it didn't seem quite like this. I think I was young and overconfident or something. It was a lot of work and stress, but I never questioned whether things would work out. I just expected them to. Maybe I should take a lesson from that, but holding my breath much more adequately describes what's been going on here.
Maybe it is because when circumstances force you into a situation out of your control, you just know things will work out because it isn't your fault. But this wasn't a circumstance. This was just an opportunity that we wanted to take a shot at. Nothing about this whole process has been sure from the beginning. Heavenly Father is really letting us make this decision. While I absolutely recognize his hand in my life and in what has happened so far, we are not having any visions about what is going to happen in the next 4 weeks. I know that whatever happens, He will make it all better, but I would rather not make a really big, bad mess for Him to have to help me clean up!
In the past 7 days, we have been :
Excited about selling our home and buying a home in woodland hills
Negotiating with the bank over a home in woodland hills
Becoming overwhelmed by the expense of the woodland hills home
Deciding NOT to sell our home, but stay here and refinance
Discovering that there is no inexpensive way for a seller to get out of a Real Estate Contract
Looking at other homes in our area
Finding a home in Elk Ridge that we like
Having our offer in Woodland Hills accepted
Discovering some alarming safety hazards in the Woodland Hills home
Putting an offer on the house in Elk Ridge
Withdrawing our offer from Woodland Hills
Feeling sad about moving and sad about losing the Woodland Hills dream
Having the bank tell us there are multiple offers on the Elk Ridge home
Visiting the home again and falling in love with it
Putting our best offer forward
Filling a portable storage unit with half of our belongings and sending it to storage
Having our offer accepted on the Elk Ridge home
So we reach the next step
A sigh of relief
So we can hold our breath some more.
Two weeks, Two home inspections, and Two loans to go.
I know that everything will work out for our good. I am trying to keep it in perspective, but I am not a person who likes to wait. I like to know and plan and prepare! I like to be organized and in charge.
I expect that we will be moving into our new home in Elk Ridge before the month is through.
I'll act on that for now.
...
Oh, wow! Sarah, that is so exciting you got the Elk ridge home offer even though there were other offers on it. It will all work out how it is supposed to but yes so hard to wait. My parents live in Elk ridge and love it. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! I cannot imagine the stress. You're welcome to come hang out here with us for a day. My kids would love yours and we can catch up! I'm almost always home and we've have plenty of space for little ones to nap.
ReplyDelete