We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Pox on Daylight Savings

Really, when was this ever a good idea?  I am so puzzled by the concept.

Kids still doing the "I need a drink" bedtime mischief at 10pm is just not my thing.

On a happier note,
Nathan couldn't find his recommend for the temple this morning.  I was VERY frustrated, and I didn't want to go to the temple frustrated!  I also didn't want to go without Nathan.  I gradually softened my heart enough to be open to the inspiration I had been praying for.  I remembered that I had forgotten mine once, and they just let me call the bishop.  I decided to bring Nathan along and hope for the best.  On our way, he called and the bishop's wife said he was at the temple.  When we got there, we saw that his car was still there so I had Nathan wait in the foyer for him.  The temple officiators said they preferred an actual recommend over the bishop's word, so they gave them a room and Nathan had a recommend interview right there in the temple.  I finished initiatories early enough to go down and watch the kids finish their baptisms.  I LOVE doing this with the youth!

One of the women in initiatories asked me if I was a missionary!  Now that I am thirty-something looking young isn't so bad!  ( It was a different story when I was in college.  I worked at a daycare center. We took the kids swimming at the college rec center every Friday.  I was told by a lifeguard that I needed to have an adult with me if I wanted to swim in the deep end.)  But now, it is kinda nice to look young.  :)

I can't feel too smug, though.  On our way out, a woman asked me if all of those kids were mine!
I had to think for a minute if it was even possible for a person to have 7 teens. 
I guess possible, but as far as ages go... I think I was 15 when the oldest was born. 
I had an 18-year-old, two 16-year-olds, a 15-year-old, a 13-year-old, and 2 12-year-olds. 
Fun stuff!

I got to spend some quality time with Sarajoy today.  Little toddlers are so fun!  She is starting to say a few more words.  She is very proud of saying milk: "mmmuup".  She can sometimes say Da-da, Na-nay (Nathan and Brandon), Wee-bu (Ruby) and Deetsy (Daisy).  Baby is another one she'll get right sometimes.  Banana is a new one, and today she said Woody when I told her something was next to Simon's Woody toy.  "Woobie"  is how she said it.  She was very excited to try out jumping and galloping today.  We galloped and galloped around the kitchen island.  I also got to sit and play with colored frog counters.  She learned how to string them on a lace, and was very proud of her creation!  She is very good at communicating with me through looks and gestures.  I almost always know just what she is getting at, so it is kinda fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this craziness called daylight savings. Ugh!

    But your frequent temple attendance is both inspiring and daunting--I have to remind myself that our twice a year goal is a good one considering our situation and our distance from the temple.

    ReplyDelete