But I want to say I can't.
Baby boy is having such a hard time with congestion. I feel worried laying him down at all, and if I do set him down he is soon fussing again. I tried pumping and bottle feeding him today, hoping it would make things easier on him and give me an idea if he's getting enough. It didn't really help much.
I had to go to the dentist today. Nathan gave him a bottle while they cleaned my teeth.
I am so tired, and Dallin came home early, but with just enough time to grab my two oldest and head to an overnighter with the Scouts.
Every time I put this boy down for a minute my lap is instantly taken over by Sarajoy and about 4 blankies.
I want to say, "I can't handle this! I need to not be touched for 5 minutes!"
I don't want her drinking out of my cup and sticking her grubby hands in for a piece of ice. I don't want her leaning over my plate of long-waited for food to steal my next bite. I don't want her feet rubbing my arm while I try to type and nurse at the same time.
But I really can handle it, and I should because she's potty training and probably feeling a little insecure about that besides being recently displaced by the baby.
And I really haven't been able to snuggle her much at all since he was born.
Eventually I will be able to eat and sleep.
And I'll sleep easier knowing that I handled it.
I understand!!! I really do!!!
ReplyDeleteYou CAN handle it . . . and I can, too. And on the way, we'll count our many blessings and remember to smile.
We all feel that way at times. You will handle it, you will get through it. And your children will too.
ReplyDeleteGood luck. Having a sick baby is so terribly hard on Mommies.