We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Thursday, November 18, 2010

It is past my bedtime

But, I just feel like writing.

I just read that my friend who was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer this summer is doing better.  Like they can't find any more cancer better.  She will still get a double masectomy and be taking medication, but she is not going to die any time soon. 
It is happy news.  I already lost a young friend to cancer this year.  A mommy with two little kids.  I have another friend--a mommy to 8 kids who is suffering terribly from cancer.  We are exerting our faith in her behalf.

So it is nice to hear some good news.

My schedule is coming along.  I've stretched out what I was trying to accomplish in a day over a week.  That's more like it!  We're having lots of fun.
I still fight feelings of guilt and concern that I'm not accomplishing enough, but I usually win those fights. 
My experiment upon the word has led me to believe that you must need to not be waking 3 times a night in order to be invigorated the next day.  Getting up at 6am is on again off again.  I got a protein drink mix today to see if that helps.  It helped me during my pregnancies. 

I think my family has a sensitivity to nitrous oxide.  Every time we go to the dentist, we all leave feeling lightheaded, head-achy, tired, and nauseated.  Even the people who only sit in the waiting room.  Do you think it is because of the nitrous oxide in the air?  Dentists offices always have that gag-me kind of bubblegum smell when you walk in.  I'm a little concerned because my 10 year old who only sat in the waiting room was not feeling well enough for gymnastics or watching a movie with the family.   The last time we were there, just for cleanings, he came home and took a nap.  My daughter who did get the work done, collapsed in my arms sobbing when she was done.  Very Sad. 
Just writing about it is making me feel drowsy...

The movie we watched was How To Train Your Dragon. 
I loved it. 

I am way excited about the Holiday season, especially because I will be hosting Thanksgiving for the first time ever. 
Way excited about the company.
Totally terrified by the cooking.
Wish me luck.

...

2 comments:

  1. All that cancer! I'm glad your friend is going to survive. I hope her life is filled with gladness.

    I'm tired all the time. Perhaps it IS the waking over and over again at night. Both of us with 6 kids--both of us with toddlers--both of us tired. It's nice to have company.

    Hope your Thanksgiving cooking goes very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great. I love Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete