We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Our First Picnic in the Mountains

September 9, 2010

For just over a month, we've toiled dilligently to get moved into our new house.
The surrounding mountains have been beckoning me, but I haven't felt like I could get away from the work at home. 
I started going for walks every morning to help my legs deal with the constant aches.  My feet and legs are trying to get used to a house with no carpet.  I love it for so many reasons, but it is very hard on my legs. 
The walks are good for more than my legs.
I am getting to know my way around the new neighborhood. 
I am breathing fresh air and feeling sunshine. 
I am having some time to have my own thoughts, feel my own feelings, and pray.

We moved here to get closer to nature.

One morning, I walked to one extremity of the neighborhood.  It is an undeveloped little cul-de-sac.  It felt wonderful to be on the edge of civilization! 
There was a little clearing of sand, a large pile of rocks, and a forest of scrub oak.  I decided it was the perfect place for a picnic. 

Days later, when the trees in the hills were beginning to turn, I could resist the call no longer.
We picked up a pizza and headed for the picnic place.

There was just enough of a chill in the air to need our jackets. 

While we were exploring, a family of deer walked by.

It was a perfectly lovely picnic.

 








1 comment:

  1. Those days are the best days of all. (And those sunflower pictures are to die for!)

    We need a picnic, too.

    ReplyDelete