When I was little, I remember what a thrill it was to get something new.
Even if it was from a garage sale, it was exciting to bring something new home.
I remember once I bought an end table at a yard sale. My dad thought it was a little strange, but I knew it would make the perfect changing table for my little dollies.
And once, my dad bought a blue Datsun station wagon for 1,000 dollars.
My little brothers and I rode home in it with great delight.
To the mortification of my teenage big sisters, we shouted out the window to our friends as we drove past,
"WE GOT A NEW CAR! LOOK AT OUR NEW CAR!"
The older girls were so humiliated because it was NOT a new car.
All of these things came to my mind as my little girl explored the computer armoire we had bought "used" from KSL.




No comments:
Post a Comment