We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Making time for the temple

Ever since my son turned 12, I have been trying to get him to the temple regularly.  For awhile, the home schoolers were meeting there weekly, but it kind of phased out just before Nathan could join in. 
For months, I have been trying to work it out, to no avail. 
I finally connected with a couple of families who were beginning to meet regularly again. 
Our first time, 3 weeks ago, we missed the email that said the time has changed.
The following week, I was prepared.  I picked up 3 other young men on my way. 
While they did baptisms, I did initiatories.  It was wonderful!  We sang hymns together on the way home.
We went again today, and it was great!  Most of these guys are taller than I.  It was fun walking into the temple with them.  I felt like I was surrounded by the army of Helaman! 

It takes about 3-3.5 hours of my day, but it is worth it.
I had to give up our most productive school day, but it is worth it.
I have recovering kids, a sick husband, was up several times in the night, had to get up at 6am, make breakfast, and get the younger kids to a sitter so they wouldn't disrupt Dallin's recovery.
It was worth it, it was worth it, it was worth it!

I am weary with exhaustion, and I don't know when or how I'll find the time to revamp my schedule once again. 

But it was worth it, and I know that if it is important, the Lord will help me fit it in.

He helped me make time for the temple!


...

3 comments:

  1. It is always so hard to get to the temple! And then it is always so worth it when we overcome the hard things! Thanks for your testimony and example!

    ReplyDelete