We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Name them one by one

What a trying week it has been!  I feel the need to count some blessings from today:

I did not have a power struggle with any of my kids over what to wear today!

We were 15 minutes early to church. ( I was supposed to be 30 minutes early for choir practice, but It was great to just have all of us there early together.)

My girls had heart-braids in their hair and their cute hair flowers that we made yesterday.

Ruby sang in the choir with me today without any fuss. 

Simon gave his first talk in church today.  He did a great job talking about Captain Moroni.  I am glad that he is not shy about such things even though he is pretty miffed that the Sunbeam thing wasn't a temporary position.  He keeps waiting for it to be time to go to his nursery class again. 

Brother Clark gave a powerful lesson about the Savior's miracles in Sunday School today.  I don't think I've EVER felt the spirit like that in Sunday School.  (Not that I've had a lot of chances to go to Sunday school, but that leads me to another thing I'm thankful for.)

Sarajoy LOVES nursery.  She gets excited about it when we put her dress on.  She loves her teacher and the toys and the snacks.  She NEVER cries about it.  Ahhhhhhh.

Relief society was enriching and nourishing. 

It was Taco Sunday.  Between October and March on the 2nd sunday of the month,  a family in our ward makes tacos for anyone and everyone who wants to come over for some good food and company.  Sarajoy was asleep at home with Dallin, so I had quite an enjoyable time. 

Simon was unusually cheerful today.  He was singing about life on his way out of church.  He got a cupcake from the Primary President to take home.  I caught him singing a few other times.  He played happily at Taco Sunday.  He threw rocks in puddles as we walked home in the WARM sunshine!

We stayed outside on the porch swing to soak up the sun.  It was beautiful!  Dallin even came out to enjoy with us. 

Our friends who are moving this week stopped by to say goodbye.  We had a really nice visit. 

We hardly had any dishes to do today because we had cereal for breakfast, tacos for lunch, and leftovers for dinner!

I had a few minutes to play the piano and sing before family council.  Ruby and Nathan even sang with me for part of the time. 

Dallin made me some delicious popcorn AND he gave me my Valentine chocolates early because he could tell I needed some chocolate!

Now I think I'm downright excited to start a new week.  So there!

..

1 comment: