To eat breakfast! I normally don't get to eat before we go to the temple.
To get some stuff done for Activity Days Recognition Night.
To get the laundry started (on laundry day, too!)
To nurse my baby until she fell asleep in my arms while I was visiting with a friend.
To watch the honeybees enjoying the warm sunshine and the fragrant hyacinths in the front yard.
To teach my little boy about honeybees. He was so excited to "go to work like a bee" after that!
To finish and deliver some crochet babies I made for my neighbor.
To make a list of projects that I want to do.
To help my boys finish their math.
To rinse and drain the sprouts.
To sing "Bicycle Built for Two" with my baby who is proud that she can say "Daisy" so well.
To sort through hand-me-downs with my girls. Fashion show time! (There were lots of adorable dresses. I love it when my girls wear dresses!)
To fold AND put away some laundry.
Nothing energizes and enlivens me like a sunny Spring day!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more thing:
Last night, Sarajoy woke every 30-60 minutes between 11pm and 3am. I knew if it kept going, I would not be able to wake up for the temple. I was so tired, I asked Dallin to take a turn somewhere after 3. He willingly did so. The next thing I knew, it was 6am and Dallin's alarm was going off. I turned off the clock and slept until my alarm went off. Then I went down to study my scriptures, thinking Dallin was already up and studying. The light was on in the Library/Guest Room, but all I saw at the desk was Sarajoy's stuffed gorilla that she likes to sleep with. Then I looked over and saw the two lumps in the bed and I realized he had brought her down here so I could sleep. There they were, cuddling in the bed together.
How I love those two people!
What lovely minutes you had yesterday!
ReplyDeleteAnd my Heidi did the same thing Tuesday night! What's up with the toddlers?
I think you are pretty neat.
ReplyDeleteSarah, I just found your blog! I had a link to the one you started a year ago, but you never posted on it, so I thought you had given up blogging. I'm so glad to find you again! Now I need to look over your past year and catch up.
ReplyDeleteOh, how that moment with Dallin must have been amazing.
ReplyDeleteNext time take a minute to grab the camera. ;)
I'm going to think about my minutes today. Lovely, lovely idea. That is the best thing about your blog. Yes, our husbands are brother and you are family. But you are an inspirational thinker. Your ideas are fresh and invigorating like the first blooms of spring. Thank you for all that you post!