The day is nearly over, and I've been growing grouchier for the past several hours.
There has been a dull, horrid, stagnant feeling in my heart and home today.
The Christmas lights, music, good reading, prayers--they seemed to just barely keep me from losing it.
Painful, nauseating contractions sent me to bed just before dinner. It took me a couple of tries to make it down to dinner so I could eat.
I've had that "something's not right" feeling all day. Am I getting Sarajoy's stomach bug? Am I just worn down by the stress of the Public School thing? Is this pregnancy just too much for me? Is making a baby all I have the energy for? Is this baby trying to come early? Why can I only be up and doing for a couple of hours before I feel like I need a nap again?
Just when I thought I was going to get more than a couple of minutes of sleep, my bedroom door slammed open (again) and I heard Simon's voice (again). I was trying really hard to be kind and patient with his cute requests. This time he said Sarajoy needed me. I looked at my doorway and my heart dropped. She was holding her hands out in a "this is disgusting" sort of way. Diarrhea everywhere.
I got her cleaned up while trying to hold back my gag reflex (unsuccessfully). I put her and Simon in the tub and proceeded to clean up the mess. I was still trying to catch up on the mountain of laundry caused by her Saturday night vomiting.
Checking in on them, I found them both on their tummies, kicking and splashing and giggling to their hearts' delight. And mine. A bright spot in a gloomy, stinky day.
After dinner, I was still not feeling well or like I should be up cleaning the kitchen with the rest of the family. I sat down by the Christmas tree hoping to absorb some peace from the decor. I picked up the Christmas "I Spy" book and started looking at it. Simon came and sat with me on the couch. We were looking at it together when he suddenly said, "So, want to call someone? play some games? I've got Angry Birds." and he pulled a toy cell phone out of his pocket. I smiled and we played some goofy games to help him get ready for bed. Still there was homework and trying to get tired people to bed and Family Home Evening squeezed in there and reviewing finances with Dallin and the gloom settled back in.
But as I was getting ready for bed, I thought of it again:
"So, want to call someone, play some games? I've got Angry Birds."
And I had to tell Dallin.
And we both laughed.
And I'm still laughing.
And I'm thankful again for my Buddy-Boy.
..
Tender mercies indeed. Beautiful life! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have my sympathy! I was in your place such a short time ago. It is just such hard work to build a new person! What a blessing that little Simon could make you laugh in spite of it all!
ReplyDelete