We've Given Up the Easy Life for the Good Life

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quotable Cuties

Simon playing with Dallin: "Dad, I'm the awesome guy and you're the old guy."

Simon to Mom:  "Mom, how long will it take me to get big so I can hike in the mountains?"
Before I can reply, he turns to Sarajoy: "Sarajoy, when I'm big will you call me Simon?"
Sarajoy: "Yeah"
(She currently calls him "Si-Si", but it sounds more like dy-dy")

Simon and Sarajoy's class is doing a Baby Jesus dance for co-op.  Today I filled a basket with 10 wrapped up baby dolls.  (Okay, so I like dolls)
Sarajoy found the basket packed and ready to go for co-op and was so delighted!  She played with and kissed the babies.  I told her to clean them up for co-op.  She cleaned them up and then grabbed her lunch bag.  She brought it to me excitedly and said, "bo-pup" (co-op).  Making lunches for co-op was the big Wednesday night ordeal before the kids started Public School.  Since then, I've just thrown a few things in a bag for the 3 of us to share, but she remembered the routine.  She grabbed a bag of dried pears and dumped a few in her lunch bag.  She went to the fridge to get an apple while I went upstairs.  When I came down, she was in the process of dumping a handful of shredded cheese in her lunch bag.  This is not something she normally has for lunch, but she does love cheese, so I thought it was cute that she was helping herself.  I helped her get a baggie for her cheese.  We peeled a carrot and wrapped it in Saran wrap like "baby jesus".  She also agreed to some bread and butter and a couple of graham crackers.  She was so proud to have made her own lunch!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't those 2-year olds a delight!!!! My Heidi is so independent. I laugh every day about how hard she works at growing up and how happy she is at each new accomplishment.

    I think I've said it before, but I'll risk repeating myself to say that I think it is these toddlers that convince us to have more babies!!

    ReplyDelete